Actually it is very hard for me to answer this question because I just know all of the approaches and metods used in ELT but I haven't found so many chance to practice them so I haven't decide yet, what is my approach??? But in my opinion a teacher should not use just one approach to teach the different topics or different skills, each of them needs different approaches and metods to teach along with these, the different intelligents and levels of the students is also important to determine the suitable approach. For example if you say that "yes.. I am a communicative teacher and I always use communicative approach during my all classes" it is a big nonsense, you can not always be a commicative teacher you can not teach all the subjects with this one for example if you teach vocabulary you have to translate it into the mother tongues of the students or your studets are beginners you can not talk in English all the time while you are teaching a subject because they won't understand what you say and this can cause a prejudice against the language.
To sum up a teacher should not have a specific approach he/she should find the best of best all the times and to be a good teacher and to choose the best approach you also need lots of experience...
No comments:
Post a Comment